Here's the recipe:
* good friends
* good grilling (recipes below)
* good flag cake – with lots of berries! (recipes below)
* good fireworks (although, we can say from experience that a fiery sunset will do in a pinch)
We searched for the tastiest, tried and true recipes from experts you can rely on, with instructions you can follow. So grab your stars and stripes apron. It is time to fire up the grill!
1. Grilled Corn with Chipotle Butter
Ever tried grilled corn?
If not, it' time! This spicy version with chipotle butter is from BonAppetit but you can just grill corn in its husk for a steamed and slightly smoky result. It's delicious, especially now with farm fresh summer corn.
2. Orange Molasses Grilled Chicken
Also from Bon Appetit, a simple grilled chicken with the sweet and tart taste of citrus. Perfect for summer!
3. Grillin' Gone Wild: NPR's Melting Pot Grill
Want to celebrate culinary diversity American style? Check out NPR's Melting Pot Grill. There are recipes for ribs, salmon, chicken skewers, lamb burgers – with flavors that span the globe. Ethnic home cooking American style! Oh yeah!
|Korean BBQ Kalbi (butterflied short ribs)|
|Indian tandoori barbeque salmon|
|Chilean clams and chorizo|
|Syrian kebab or lamb burgers|
And what goes with good food?
Good stories. Check out the article that comes the recipes. It's all about family making new traditions with the best from the old ones.
|Japanese barbeque yakitori skewers|
4. Grilling Central's Top Grill Recipes
Not sure about grilling or barbecuing? Check out these tips from the pros – with videos – from The FoodNetwork.
Ready for dessert?
Here comes the flag cake, the cupcakes and the custard!
1. Classic Flag Cake (with a how-to video!)
Just want the recipe?
Here it is in extra large print.
2. Flag cupcakes
These July 4 cupcakes are easy to make and the decoration is laid out there for you or open to your own interpretation. Do-it-yourself with room for your own twist? This recipe must come from MarthaStewart!
3. Flag custard tart
This tart stars a white balsamic custard in tart form and your favorite berries. It's a beautiful classic from Bon Appetit. Nice!
Want to make this July 4 extra special?
* Get a copy of the Declaration ofIndependence to read aloud!
* And in case of rain, check our blog for great July 4 movies.
Have a great holiday!